This externship will expose students to the practice of civil and criminal law in the Northern District of Georgia. Students will work for Judge May by performing legal research and drafting orders. Students will also have the opportunity to observe pre-trial hearings and civil and criminal trials.
- Law Review or Moot Court
- Superior research and writing skills
- Top fifteen percent
- Third-year students, but second-year students who will be in their second semester of second-year at the time of the externship are encouraged to apply.
- A resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample are required at the time of application.
- Acceptance into this externship may involve a complete FBI background investigation of student.
- Students participating in this externship are expected to be at the externship site 16 hours per week. This hour commitment is in excess of the course requirements. Students applying must agree to this additional hour requirement.