Categories: Bankruptcy Law
Externs will work with Judge Sacca and his law clerks observing bankruptcy-related hearings and trials, performing legal research, discussing case resolution, and drafting orders and opinions.
- Basic Bankruptcy coursework (either previous or concurrent)
- Interest in bankruptcy law
- Top 1/3 of class
- Security Interests & Liens coursework (either previous or concurrent)
- Real Estate coursework (either previous or concurrent)
- Law Review and/or Moot Court
- Rising and current third-year students are preferred, but second-year students will also be considered.
- Spring and Fall Semesters: Externs will be asked to commit to 10-15 hours per week, preferably on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for maximum courtroom observation time.
- Summer Semester: Externs will be asked to commit to 30-40 hours per week for 10 weeks. This hour commitment is in excess of the course requirements. Students applying must agree to this additional hour requirement.
- Acceptance into this externship may involve a complete FBI background investigation.