Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Office of the General Counsel (OGC) provides externs with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of critical and cutting-edge legal issues affecting pediatric healthcare. OGC provides representation and legal and regulatory advice to a wide variety of internal clients (including, but not limited to, Operations, Compliance, Marketing, HR, the Foundation, Physician Practices, and IT). Externs will conduct essential legal research, participate in meetings, attend our weekly all counsel meeting, and work closely with OGC attorneys on other pediatric health law-related matters.
- Second or third-year law students
- At least one semester of health law coursework
- Background and/or interest in science, public health, or healthcare field helpful
- Student must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Student will be required to agree to a background check and health screening before starting.
- Interviews will be conducted at Children’s.